Before we begin exploring all of the fun and fashionables themes you can choose from lets go over a few of the finer points that often get overlooked. I say overlooked because planning a bridal shower is more fun that you may imagine and picking out and styling the theme is especially enjoyable. But it can also lead us off course and we may inadvertently end in faux pas!
So let's take a look at some things to keep in mind:
- Who is the party for?
- This is going to be the primary measure you'll use when you begin picking out the theme. If t doesn't fit the guest of honor then you should pass.
- What will your budget be? Hi, low, or medium?
- Different themes cost different amounts, but a good rule of thumb is the more exotic the theme, the more expensive it is going to be. But don't worry that doesn't mean that you won't be able to plan a fun theme. Some of the most enjoyable themes are the most affordable.
- When will the shower be held?
- The time of day plays a big part in how successful your bridal shower will be. But more importantly the time of year can have a major impact on how well certain themes work.
Choose the Theme to Fit the Person
Let's say that you'd love to host a vintage 50s themed shower, does that fit the guest of honor? Or is here idea of vintage more Victorian? When you set out to choose a theme you will want to keep the person in mind that you intend to honor. While it is fun to play "what if," it won't be a success if the "if" that you end up choosing doesn't fit the honoree.
Keep this in mind when you go about planning the theme.
By the Budget
Well, not here is a tricky topic that we'll all have to face when we go about planning a shower. The budget if we choose to set one can play havoc with our shower plans. And as we already mentioned the theme can be a major factor in upping the cost of the celebration.
Here are tips that will help you stay within your budget:
- Look for fitting alternative themes that will allow you to save
- Choose highlight decorations that give the look and feel and then fill in the rest with more generic decorations
- Get a head start, the longer you have to look the more chances you have to compare prices and shop around
There are themes for everyone, finding the fitting one just a takes a little time and some effort. Knowing who you will be honoring is certainly a help. If you do not have a clear idea ask somebody else that is close to the honoree you are planning to throw a themed bridal shower for!
BBQ Showers = A Great Couples Shower
This is a great choice when you are hosting a couples shower. And since most of us enjoy a good BBQ this is a fun, affordable and clever way to throw a shower. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Time of Year
- If you host a shower in the late Spring, Summer of early Fall these types of parties are definitely a hit. Even if the weather doesn't play along but you have space to do the grilling you can still host a successful BBQ shower.
- Not everyone has the space to do a grill party. Still there are several options you have at your disposal. Catering, or a restaurant allow you to enjoy the same atmosphere without doing any of the actual grilling.
- Fun Bridal Shower Invitations has useful information, and practical advice that can used for more than just the invites. This page gives you a good sense of scope for your themes and how to adjust them for the Season.